Sunday, October 7, 2018

Hiding in the Light: Why I Risked Everything to Leave Islam and Follow Jesus by Rifqa Bary

I'm reading "Hiding in the Light: Why I Risked Everything to Leave Islam and Follow Jesus" by Rifqa Bary and wanted to share this quote with you.

"To my precious baby brother, Mohamed Rajaa Bary. I can only imagine the unanswered questions that may plague you. Why did the big sister you adore leave you and never come home again? My hope is that this book is a long letter explaining why. Although you may never understand my answer, my prayer is that the words bound within these pages allow your heart to heal. My prayer is that one day you will forgive me for the pain I have caused you. I left not because I did not love you enough. I left because I encountered a God who was worthy of forsaking all…even the most prized little man in my life. If only you could peer through my dreams and see how I ache to hold you in my arms like I did so many years ago…but this time I never let you go."

Start reading this book for free: http://a.co/g8QQ2me

--------------

Read on the go for free – download Kindle for Android, iOS, PC, Mac and more
http://amzn.to/1r0LubW

Interesting book...This case took the majority of my year tenure at CAIR...I am very happy for Rifqa Bary.  This book has given me a deep insight to her personal convictions for everything she has done.  At the time I had a different mindset, however now I feel I am on the same page as she is. 


This is my involvement written in WikiIslam.Net:

 "CAIR, Governor Strickland, and Rifqa Bary

The Council of American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) is an unindicted co-conspirator[5] in a federal terrorism financing trial with ties to Al-Qaeda.[6]

Ohio Governor Ted Strickland purportedly received campaign help from CAIR , and it is no secret that CAIR overwhelmingly supports the Democratic party over the GOP. On June 17, 2007 Governor Strickland spoke at the tenth annual banquet of the Council on American-Islamic Relations chapter in that state (CAIR-OH) where the national Chairman Dr. Parvez Ahmed and several prominent imams also spoke (see CAIR's article here), and he even succeeded in making a bit of a faux pas by touching a Muslim woman on the back. He addressed the crowd of 350 people, saying: “On behalf of all Ohioans, my wife and I appreciate your vision to promote justice and mutual understanding. We gather under CAIR-Ohio's theme this year, ‘American Muslims: Connecting and Sharing,’ to do just that, to connect and share and get to know each other better.” He also expressed appreciation for "the Muslim traditions of strong family, hard work, and education,” and presented a proclamation honoring CAIR-Ohio’s work. (See also Strickland's staffer's response to questions and comments about CAIR's questionable ties.)

So what does all this have to do with Rifqa Bary? First of all, Babak Darvish, Executive Director of CAIR Columbus, and Romin Iqbal, Staff Attorney for CAIR-OH, were present when FDLE/DCF investigators interviewed Rifqa's father at the Bary family residence. The Jawa Report revealed photographs proving Rifqa's parents' ties to CAIR. Governor Strickland is doing nothing to ensure that her civil rights are upheld while she is in foster care in Ohio. In fact, in September, Governor Strickland issued this statement regarding the Rifqa Bary case which was still in Florida at the time: “We have no reason to believe that she would be unsafe in Ohio. Child welfare agencies and authorities in Ohio and Franklin County are fully capable of providing for the security and well-being of Ohio’s children. The Governor believes this is a family matter and therefore would most appropriately be handled here in Ohio with the assistance of the child welfare and foster care system.”

In 2003, a key finding of the Child and Family Services Review of Ohio’s child welfare programs was that the State did not achieve substantial conformity with any of the seven safety, permanency, or well-being outcomes. In addition, the State did not meet national standards for measures relating to repeat maltreatment, maltreatment of children in foster care, foster care re-entries, stability of foster care placements, the length of time to achieve reunification, or the length of time to achieve adoption.

According to an Executive Summary of the May 2009 Final Report: Ohio Child and Family Services Review: For the CFSR 12-month data period ending March 31, 2007, Ohio did not meet the national standards for the safety data indicators pertaining to the absence of maltreatment recurrence and the absence of maltreatment in foster care. In fact, Ohio is not in substantial conformity with Safety Outcome 1: Children are, first and foremost, protected from abuse and neglect. The outcome was substantially achieved in 63.2 percent of the applicable cases, which is less than the 95 percent required for a rating of substantial conformity. For the CFSR 12-month data period ending March 31, 2007, Ohio did not meet the national standards for the two data indicators relevant for Safety Outcome 1 pertaining to the absence of maltreatment recurrence and the absence of maltreatment of children in foster care by foster parents or facility staff.

So much for ensuring Rifqa's safety and civil rights."

 --https://wikiislam.net/wiki/Rifqa_Bary#Rifqa_Bary.27s_story

No comments: