Saturday, December 11, 2010

Iranian Dog Shelter: In Need of Support

I was sent this website for an Iranian Dog Shelter in Iran that needs financial support, if people want to help, please visit this website: www.cal.ir



Murray
Murray was first featured in a group picture at the quarantine house -- along with Darya, Rocky (now Vafa) and Naani.One of our beautiful supporters asked about Darya and decided to adopt her.  When I talked to Ms Mahmoodi and asked her to get Darya ready, she was very happy--but at the same time, sad for Rexi as she said he is Darya's playmate and he'll be left behind, and will miss Darya.
My bad, I confused Rexi with Rocky--and showed Rocky's picture to Darya's suitor.  She really wanted to adopt Rexi but didn't have enough resources, so I reached out to our supporters, and thanks to Sarah Nowlin, Shirin Afshar, Sonia Vahedian, Atousa Salehi and Shirin Tehrani, we came up with enough funds to bring Rexi to her new family.
Now this is when we realized Darya's suitor really had her eyes on Rocky (now Vafa) and not Rexi ... well, we already had raised the funds for Rexi, so I was determined to bring him here.  I reached out to my network of friends, and a beautiful woman offered to foster Rexi until we find his forever loving home.  She and her daughter fell for Rexi within days, and that's when she saw the 'old soul' in this sweet puppy, and they decided to call him Budda.  Budda stayed with his foster family for about 4 week until we featured him as 'available dog for adoption'.  We got to show off Budda to several wonderful families.  Everyone who met him, fell in love with the little guy.  It was not very hard to spot the 'right' family for Budda--now Murray. Murray has fit in perfectly and is enjoying life as he so deserves.
We just received a lovely note from Murray's family -- and I'm happy to share it with you all.
Faranak
Murray
What an amazing month it has been. Murray Rexy Pillow Buddah Gillum became an official member of our family on Sunday, October 3rd, and it’s tough to remember life without him.
Being part Border Collie, he herds us out of bed and down the hall every morning, so that we can take our walk and have breakfast together.
He has yet to meet a person, dog, cat, acorn, or squeaky toy he doesn’t like. He is so likable, that my father-in-law even refers to him as his “newest grandson, Murray.”
Murray, so far, has gone to the beach, camped, hiked and picked out a Halloween pumpkin. He will no doubt be the star of this year’s Christmas card, when he goes with us and our friends to pick out the perfect tree.
Murray enjoys learning new commands, and can now shake hands, wait, leave it, sit, lay down, etc.
This week, he enjoyed greeting costumed kids as they gathered candy door to door on Halloween evening. One little girl, who had met Murray on our walks but didn’t know where we lived, screamed, “Hey, that’s Murray, I LOVE HIM”.
That’s how we feel, too.
Thank you Vafa, and all of the Vafa supporters. Murray truly completes our family, and we are forever grateful that you made it possible for him to be in our lives.
Marty and Tina Gillum
Adopted Oct 3, 2010 by Tina & Marty Gillum
1
Murray was first featured in a group picture at the quarantine house -- along with Darya, Rocky (now Vafa) and Naani.One of our beautiful supporters asked about Darya and decided to adopt her.  When I talked to Ms Mahmoodi and asked her to get Darya ready, she was very happy--but at the same time, sad for Rexi as she said he is Darya's playmate and he'll be left behind, and will miss Darya.
Read more...
 
Rocky
I found Rocky whimpering from being beat up. There were 7 to 8 people who had gathered around him, and were just looking. Apparently a few kids fed him some raw meat, which made him blost.
I took him to the vet, and he was given a shot and some pain meds and cream to put on his sores. I then brought him home and washed him with the shampoo the vet gave me. I put the meds on his sore and he went to sleep. He woke up a happy dog, and wouldn't stop playing with me. When I came home from work the next day, i took him and my own dog out to the park for a walk. They had a great time together. I then contacted Mrs EsnaAshari who introduced me to Ms Mahmoodi who is managing the house in Tehran for the injured dogs (like langoon) and puppies who still need to be vaccinated.
I know Rocky is in good hands. By the way I named him Rocky, because of his HUGE paws.
I pray for the day that we (the human race) would be as kind and honest, and these pure dogs.
Signed: Alireza Saadiani
Adopted Sept 8, 2010 by Mehrnoosh Nayak
1
I found Rocky whimpering from being beat up. There were 7 to 8 people who had gathered around him, and were just looking. Apparently a few kids fed him some raw meat, which made him blost.I took him to the vet, and he was given a shot and some pain meds and cream to put on his sores.
Read more...
 
Daisy
Daisy found her forever loving home with a wonderful American Family!
Here's a few lines from Daisy's mom, Cathy:
"As fate would have it my son and his wife Lori live next to the kind hearted and amazing Farah. Lori has been following the Vafa website for months and let me know the wonder of what happens there. In mid August we saw the sweetest little puppy named Daisy and read her very sad story
of abuse and neglect. I had been looking for a new pup to rescue for months and couldn’t seem to connect until Lori said “how about Daisy ?”
I quickly made a date to meet Farah and discuss details, we decided on foster to adopt being the most viable option. On Sunday 9/5/10 we made our trip to meet Daisy at SFO, a special thank you to the woman who kindly donated her airfare. Once we got her crate in the car we opened the door to meet her and give her some water. Upon looking into her sweet eyes there was no doubt about the mutual love that took us
over. My only reservation was how she would get along with my resident 2 year old dog, after a few challenging days I could see that it was gong to be ok and promptly let Farah know Daisy had found her forever loving home. I will be forever grateful for the Vafa Shelter for caring for her and would
like to offer a special thank you for everyone who communicated with me via Facebook and told me what kind of pup she was, all the comments about her were spot
on. She is loving and kind, very obedient and incredibly smart. It has been an awesome experience for me and my family and we are so thrilled to add Daisy to our fold.
I have rescued dogs all my life but Daisy and the Vafa shelter have taught me a new meaning of rescue and love for an animal, thank you for all you do!"
Adopted Sept 4, 2010 by Cathy & Don Straub
1
Daisy found her forever loving home with a wonderful American Family!
Here's a few lines from Daisy's mom, Cathy:
"As fate would have it my son and his wife Lori live next to the kind hearted and amazing Farah.
Read more...
 
Lucky
One of the
highlights of my recent trip to Iran was meeting Ms. Esna-ashari and
seeing Vafa animal shelter firsthand. If there is such a thing as God's
work on earth, then I truly believe she and her team are doing it.
Taking care of helpless and innocent creatures with love and compassion
is within all of us. However, very few of us indeed rise to the
occasion and do it so beautifully and with heartfelt interest. I am
honored to have met her and grateful to Lucky for bringing me to this
wonderful opportunity.
I went to Iran for a couple of weeks to
celebrate Norouz with my family after 18 years; and to be at my
brother's wedding. I found Lucky on March 26th while I was taking a
morning walk in Tehran. With the gyms being closed for the Iranian new
year, I decided the best way to keep active during my visit was to walk
around town and re-explore the familiar neighborhoods of my childhood.
Anyway, I had been walking for about 1.5 hours when I came across a
little furry thing on the corner of a sidewalk on one of the side
streets in Mirdamad and at first thought it was a dead cat. But, as I
was walking past the furry little thing, all of a sudden he lifted his
head and looked at me. I realized that it was a puppy, dirty and
malnutritioned, who had probably been stranded. I just froze and kept
on looking at him, wondering what I could or should do. He was clearly
not healthy and with the rainy season that Tehran was having, I knew he
would not survive more than a couple of days. I called my brother (who
resides in Tehran) and consulted with him. After determining that there
was indeed no way to find a vet at that time (Friday morning and in the
middle of the holiday season) he suggested that I bring him home with
me. As I walked around the corner, to see if I can find something to
wrap around the puppy to pick him up, he slowly got up and followed me.
He was so weak but he was still able to show the kind of affection that
only comes from a puppy. I had made up my mind. I took off my jacket,
wrapped it around him, picked him up, and started walking towards
Mohseni Square. There, I hailed down a cab. He stopped and said he
would take me home for free! He said he has his own dog and that he
knew it would be a long time before anyone else would stop for me. I
was so touched by his kindness and paid him well upon arrival (but it
took a lot of convincing on my part before he accepted the payment).
Once home, I called down for my brother who showed up with towels,
shampoo, and a loofah. I bathed lucky twice in the parking lot
bathroom. He was scared of the water but did not once get aggressive
towards me. My sister came down with food. Once the pup was dried up,
we were finally able to get him eating. The building caretaker - Rahim
(who is a refugee from Afghanistan) - agreed to help me with watching
the puppy - whom I named Lucky - until the next day when I took him to
the 24 hour Tehran Veterinary Hospital. There, he was put on IV and
given tests and shots. He was bathed. I barely made it home in time to
get ready for my brother's wedding that afternoon. The next day, I
took Lucky back for another hygiene bath. And then I called Vafa
Shelter to be greeted by the lovely Lida Esnaashari. A couple of days
later, my dad, mom, and I drove to Karaj with Lucky. I held him in my
arms the whole drive. I don't know how I managed to muster up the
ability to leave Lucky behind. Had he been healthier and given the
appropriate paperwork, I would have brought him back to the U.S. with
me. But for now, I feel comfortable knowing that he is in good hands,
being cared for, fed, cured, and loved at Vafa animal shelter. Maybe in
the near future, I will make a trip back to see my family again and
this time bring Lucky home with me...
I am grateful to Ms.
Esna-ashari for taking in Lucky and keeping him as an 'amanati' for me.
I feel so much respect and admiration for her that cannot be expressed
in words.
All my best,
Ara
His guardian angel who found him, has requested to adopt him. He is now in California
Adopted Aug 8, 2010 by Ara Serjoie
4
One of the highlights of my recent trip to Iran was meeting Ms. Esna-ashari and seeing Vafa animal shelter firsthand. If there is such a thing as God'swork on earth, then I truly believe she and her team are doing it. Taking care of helpless and innocent creatures with love and compassion is within all of us. However, very few of us indeed rise to the occasion and do it so beautifully and with heartfelt interest. I am honored to have met her and grateful to Lucky for bringing me to this wonderful opportunity.
Read more...
 
Shoko
When Shoko came to our shelter she was a cute little puppy who soon grew to be a beautiful 50 pound dog. She gained her name, Shoko, due to her chocolate milk color.
She was always very gentle mannered and never got involved in tackles with other dogs. And she was so tame that no one thought she could be a good guard dog. We often thought she would end up spending all her life here at the shelter.
As pictures of our dogs spread around the world on the Internet, a suitor in USA contacted us.
The primary preparations for her relocation got done quickly.
Shoko was bathed, and housebroken before her long journey to the US.
She accepted the leash and learned all the rules of a social life with people quickly.
Finally, on Wednesday March 24th of 2010 we took her the airport for her flight to her new home.
Now, Shoko lives in Oakland, California like the princess that she is with the angel who is giving her all the love she deserves. She has been able to impress and amaze every one with her ability to adapt to her new life, and connect with her loving guardian.
Shoko’s new mom sent us a note about her:
"She is the smartest, most intuitive dog ever!  And acrobatically very talented, a wonderful pouncer and bouncer.  A great guard dog.  The most well-mannered dog (without training!).  Not one house-breaking mistake since day one!  Social and friendly with other dogs, while maintaining healthy boundaries.  I call her Chocolat Vesper Street (Vesper for James Bond's girlfriend, Street because she will always have that in her; a combination of Lady & the Tramp)."
Adopted March 24th of 2010
1
When Shoko came to our shelter she was a cute little puppy who soon grew to be a beautiful 50 pound dog. She gained her name, Shoko, due to her chocolate milk color. She was always very gentle mannered and never got involved in tackles with other dogs.
Read more...
 
Max
Adopted July 2009 by Sheyda Ardalan, Tim Clarke and their son Bijhan Clarke
On my first visit to VAFA in late July of 2009, I noticed a puppy with his ears and tail cut off. He was very timid and when I approached him, he would run away.
max1
I was able to pick him up after I cornered him but knew he was not comfortable. I knew right away that he had suffered a very cruel and painful beginning and decided to adopt him. Once I made my decision, the shelter and the veterinarians started working on getting his papers together. I named him Max because he reminded me of my sister's dog, Pax.


موری
عزیزان، عکس موری اولین بار در یک عکس دستجمعی از عکس‌های قرنطینه به چاپ رسید...که در آن دریا، راکی ( وفای کنونی ) و نانی هم حضور داشتند. یکی‌ از حامیان خوب ما از دریا خوشش آمد و او را برای خودش انتخاب کرد. وقتی‌ موضوع را به خانم محمودی گفتم او ضمن این که خیلی‌ خوشحال شد، غمگین هم شد. چون می‌‌گفت دریا و رکسی خیلی‌ دوست هستند و با رفتن دریا رکسی خیلی‌ تنها می‌‌شود. موضوع را با کسی‌ که خواهان دریا بود در میان گذاشتم وبه اشتباه عکس راکی را نشانش دادم. او قبول کرد که سرپرست هر دو باشد اما گفت پول کافی‌ برای انتقال رکسی ندارد. من هم دست به کار شدم و با مدد جویی‌ از حامیان وفا و دوستانم شروع به جمع آوری پول کردم و به شکرانه کمک : سارا نلین، شیرین افشار، سونیا واحدیان، آتوسا صالحی، و شیرین تهرانی‌ این پول تهیه شد. تازه این موقع بود که فهمیدم چه اشتباهی کرده‌ام وخواستگار دریا خواهان راکی ( وفای کنونی ) است و نه رکسی. اما ما حالا دیگر پول را برای رکسی جمع کرده بودیم، بنابر این من تصمیم گرفتم او را به اینجا بیاورم. به دوستانم متوسل شدم و یکی‌ از آنها حاضر شد بطور موقت از او نگهداری کند. او و دخترش " روح بزرگی‌" در این توله دوست داشتنی دیدند و اسم او را بودا گذاشتند. بودا ۴ هفته پیش خانواده موقتش ماند تا او را به عنوان سگ‌ آماده واگذاری به چند خانواده خوب نشان دادیم. هرکس او را میدید عاشقش می‌‌شد. انتخاب خانواده" درست" برای بودا...موری کنونی کار سختی نبود. موری به خوبی‌ در این خانواده جأ افتاده و از زندگیش لذت میبرد. از خانواده موری یاداشت زیبایی‌ به دستم رسیده است... و من مایلم آن را با شما در میان بگذارم
فرانک
چه ماه خوبی‌ بود این ماه. موری رکسی پیلو بودا گیلام روز یکشنبه سوم اکتبر عضو رسمی‌ خانواده ما شد، و هنوز چیزی نشده تصور زندگی‌ بدون او سخت است. قسمتی‌ از نژاد او که بردر کلی ( سگ‌ چوپان ) است، هر روز صبح ما را به بیرون از خانه هدایت می‌‌کند تا هم راه برویم و هم صبحانه را با هم بخوریم. تا به حال نشده او از آدمی‌، سگی‌،گربه ای، دانه بلوطی، یا اسباب بازی بدش بیاید. او به قدری دوست داشتنی است که پدر شوهرم او را " موری، نوه جدید من" صدا می‌‌زند. موری  همه جأ همراه ماست و تا به حال، به ساحل و کمپ و راهپیمایی  رفته و کدوی هالوین را انتخاب کرده است.او بدون شک ستاره کارت کریسمس امسال ما خواهد بود و با ما و دوستانمان در مراسم انتخاب درخت کریسمس شرکت خواهد کرد. موری دوست دارد کارهای تازه یاد بگیرد و تا به حال دست دادن، صبر کردن، نشستن،ول کردن، و غیره را یاد گرفته است. این هفته دیدن بچه‌هایی‌ که به خاطر هالوین لباس‌های جورواجور پوشیده بودند و برای گرفتن آبنبات و شکلات از این در به آن در می‌‌رفتند برایش خیلی‌ جالب بود.یک دختر کوچولو که ما را موقع راه بردن موری دیده بود اما نمیدانست کجا زندگی‌ می‌‌کنیم فریاد زد،" هی‌ این موری است، من عاشقش هستم." و این همان احساسیست که ما هم داریم. وفا، از شما و همه حامیانتان سپاسگزاریم. موری واقعا خانواده ما را تکمیل کرد و ما برای همیشه قدردان شما خواهیم بود که این امکان را فراهم کردید
مارتی و تینا گیلام
واگذاری در تاریخ ۱۱ مهر ۱۳۸۹ ‌به تینا & مرتی گیللوم
1
عزیزان، عکس موری اولین بار در یک عکس دستجمعی از عکس‌های قرنطینه به چاپ رسید...
ادامه مطلب...
 
راکی
وقتی‌ من راکی رو پیدا کردم از شدت درد و کتکی که خورده بود، داشت زوزه می‌کشید. ۷-۸ نفرم بالا سرش جمع شده بودند و نگاهش میکردند. چند تا بچه هم بهش گوشت خام داده بودند که طفلک شکمش کاملا ورم داشت و حتا نمیتونست بشینه. بعد بردمش دامپزشکی و با وکسان و قرص و پماد زخمش و دلدردش بهتر شد و آوردمش خونه خودم.
اونجا حسابی‌ با شامپو‌های مخصوصی که دکتر داده بود، شستمش و به جای زخمش که بخاطر کتک‌هایی‌ که بهش زده بودن بود پماد مالیدم و خوابید.
پماد را هر روز باید میزدم و قرصی هم که دکتر تجویز کرده بود، روزی یه نصفه باید میخورد.
صبح که پاشد خیلی‌ سر حل بود و همش از سرو کلم بالا میرفت- نمیگذاشت برم سر کار.
من مرخصی گرفتم دیروز زود رفتم پیشش دیدم که خدا رو شکر ورمش خوابیده و حالش خیلی‌ بهتره. بعد با سگ خودم که اسمش پرنسسه بردمشون پارک با کمک یکی‌ از دوستانم اونجا هم خیلی‌ بهشون خوش گذشت. بعدشم که به لطف خانم اثناعشری و خانم رضایی و دوستان. خانه وفا قرار شده امروز بیارمش میدون حسن آباد تحویلش بدم به خانم محمودی.
می‌دونم خیلی‌ مواظبش خواهند بود. هر کمکی‌ هم از دست من بر میاد لطفا بگویید.
(راستی‌ اسمشم برای این گذشتم راکی چون دستش خیلی‌ بزرگه!)
دلم کلی‌ براش تنگ می‌شه ولی‌ خوشحالم که به شماها میسپارمش.
کاش روزی بشه که ماهم مثل سگها با نگاهمون بدون ریا حرف بزنیم و با حرف نزدن و بدون دروغ همه را شیفتهٔ مهربونی پاک خودمون کنیم
واگذاری در تاریخ ۱۸ شهریور ۱۳۸۹ ‌به مهرنوش نایاک
1
وقتی‌ من راکی رو پیدا کردم از شدت درد و کتکی که خورده بود، داشت زوزه می‌کشید. ۷-۸ نفرم بالا سرش جمع شده بودند و نگاهش میکردند. چند تا بچه هم بهش گوشت خام داده بودند که طفلک شکمش کاملا ورم داشت و حتا نمیتونست بشینه. بعد بردمش دامپزشکی و با وکسان و قرص و پماد زخمش و دلدردش بهتر شد و آوردمش خونه خودم.
ادامه مطلب...
 
دیزی
واگذاری در تاریخ ۱۳ شهریور ۱۳۸۹ ‌به کتی & دون ستروب
1
دیزی هم عاقبت به خیر شد!
خانواده آمریکایی‌ که به دیزی خانه همیشگیش را دادند، این چند خط را برای ما فرستادند:
از قضای روزگار ، پسر من و همسرش لوری در همسایگی فرانک که خانمی
فوق‌العاده مهربان و فعال بود زندگی‌ می‌‌کردند. لوری ماه‌ها بود تار نمای (
وب سایت ) وفا را بازدید می‌‌کرد و من را در جریان اتفاقات جالب آن قرار
می‌‌داد. در اواسط آگوست بود که ما عکس یک توله زیبا و دوست داشتنی به اسم
دیزی را در آنجا دیدیم و قصه غم‌انگیز زندگیش را خواندیم. من ماه‌ها بود به
فکر نجات و پناه دادن به یک توله بودم ولی‌ با هیچ کدام از توله هایی که
می‌‌دیدم رابطه خوب و تنگاتنگی را که منتظرش بودم برقرار نمی‌‌کردم تا این
که روزی لوری گفت: راجع به دیزی چی‌ فکر میکنی‌؟
من به سرعت با فرانک قرار گذاشتم تا درباره جزئیات با هم صحبت کنیم و
نتیجه صحبت هامان این شد که ابتدا دیزی را به طور موقت نگه دارم تا ببینم
با سگ‌ دو ساله‌ای که در خانه داشتم چطور کنار می‌‌آید. روز یکشنبه ۵ سپتامبر
به فرودگاه رفتیم و برای اولین بار دیزی را ملاقات کردیم، با
تشکر مخصوص از خانمی که لطف کرده و هزینه سفر او را تقبل کرده بودند (خانم
راحله تبریزی ). به محض گذاشتن قفس در ماشین در قفس را باز کردیم که هم با
او آشنا شویم و هم کمی‌ آب به او بدهیم. وقتی‌ نگاهمان به هم افتاد محبّتی
دوجانبه در دل ما نشست و برای من تردی باقی‌ نماند که این همان توله ایست
که خواستار ش بودم. پس از دو سه روز کشمکش اوضاع بین دیزی و سگ‌ دو ساله‌ای
که داشتم رو به خوبی‌ گذاشت و من فورا به فرانک اطلاع دادم که اینجا خانه
همیشگی‌ دیزی خواهد بود. من برای همیشه سپاسگزار پناهگاه وفا و کسانی‌ هستم
که از دیزی مراقبت کردند و یا در فیس بوک در مورد او به من اطلاعات لازم
را دادند. همه این اطلاعات درست بود. او مهربان و دوست داشتنی، بسیار مطیع،
و بی‌ اندازه با هوش است. این یک تجربه فراموش نشدنی برای من وخانواده‌ام
بوده و ما از افزودن دیزی به جمع خانواده مان بی‌ نهایت خوش حالیم.
من همه عمر در حال نجات سگ‌‌ها بوده‌ام اما دیزی و وفا مفهوم تازه‌ای از
معنای عشق به حیوانات را به من آموختند. به خاطر همه کارهایی که می‌‌کنید
از شما متشکرم
دیزی هم عاقبت به خیر شد!
خانواده آمریکایی‌ که به دیزی خانه همیشگیش را دادند، این چند خط را برای ما فرستادند:
ادامه مطلب...
 
لاکی
نوروز امسال (۱۳۸۹ ) که پس از ۱۸ سال برای دیدن خانواده‌ام به ایران رفته بودم ، دوست داشتم به گوشه کنار محله مان سرک بکشم و به یاد دوران کودکی در آنجا قدم بزنم. در یکی‌ از این پیاده روی‌ها در گوشه پیاده روی یکی‌ از خیابان‌های فرعی میر داماد چشمم به توده پشالوی کوچکی افتاد که فکر کردم یک گربه مرده است. اما همین که از جلویش ردّ شدم، ناگهان او سرش را بالا گرفت و به من نگاه کرد و من فهمیدم که او یک توله سگ‌ است. کثیف بود و گرسنه . سؤ تغذیه داشت و و درمانده و مأیوس در آن گوشه نشسته بود. سر جایم میخکوب شدم و در حالی‌ که به او نگاه می‌‌کردم پیش خودم فکر می‌‌کردم که چه باید بکنم. کاملا معلوم بود که او مریض است و در آن شرایط بیشتر از یکی‌ دو روز دوام نخواهد آورد. به برادرم تلفن کردم و موضوع را با او در میان گذاشتم. او پس از این که قانعم کرد که به علت تعطیلات عید دامپزشکی‌ها تعطیلند، پیشنهاد کرد که فعلا او را با خودم به خانه ببرم. وقتی‌ به او نزدیک شدم  آهسته از جایش بلند شد و دنبالم راه افتاد.
او خیلی‌ ضعیف بود اما با همان مهر و محبتی که فقط در توله سگ‌‌ها میشود پیدا کرد سعی‌ داشت من را دنبال کند. لحظه‌ای فکر کردم و تصمیمم را گرفتم. کتم را بیرون آوردم و دور توله پیچیدم و به سمت خانه حرکت کردم. راننده تاکسی‌‌ای که من را به خانه می‌‌برد می‌خواست به خاطر آن توله از من پول نگیرد و من که خیلی‌ تحت تاثیر مهربانی او قرار گرفته بودم خیلی‌ سخت توانستم او را قانع کنم که پول را قبول کند.
در خانه، پیش از هر چیز او را شستم و پس از خشک کردن به او غذا دادم. اسمش را لاکی گذاشتم و نگهبان ساختمان به من قول داد که در نگهداری از او به من کمک کند. روز بعد وقتی‌ او را به بیمارستان بردم، به او سرم و واکسن‌های لازم زده شد و پس انجام این کارها دیگر وقت کمی‌ برایم باقی‌ مانده بود که به عروسی برادرم برسم.
فردای عروسی‌ دوباره او را حمام کردم و سپس به پناهگاه وفا و خانم اثنی عشری عزیز تلفن کردم. چند روز بعد، من و پدر و مادرم، در حالی‌ که در تمام مدت لاکی توی بغلم نشسته بود به  پناهگاه وفا رفتیم و لاکی را آنجا گذاشتیم. من هنوز هم نمی‌‌دانم چطور دلم آمد که چنین کاری را با لاکی بکنم! باید او را با خودم به آمریکا می‌آوردم.
خانم اثنی عشری قول دادند او را به طور امانت نگه دارند و به قولشان هم عمل کردند و چند ماه بعد، وقتی‌ لاکی بهتر شد او را به آمریکا فرستادند.
واگذاری در تاریخ ۱۷ مرداد ۱۳۸۹
4
نوروز امسال (۱۳۸۹ ) که پس از ۱۸ سال برای دیدن خانواده‌ام به ایران رفته بودم ، دوست داشتم به گوشه کنار محله مان سرک بکشم و به یاد دوران کودکی در آنجا قدم بزنم. در یکی‌ از این پیاده روی‌ها در گوشه پیاده روی یکی‌ از خیابان‌های فرعی میر داماد چشمم به توده پشالوی کوچکی افتاد که فکر کردم یک گربه مرده است.

ادامه مطلب...
 
شوکو
شوکو وقتی‌ به پناهگاه اومد یک توله خیلی‌ کوچک و مامانی بود و بعد هم تبدیل به یک سگ بزرگ و خیلی‌ زیبا شد دختر نازی که خیلی‌ مهربون بود و هیچوقت با سگ‌های دیگه سر شاخ نمی‌شد. بدلیل رنگ شیری شکلاتی که داشت اسمشو شوکو (شکلات) گذاشتیم. از اون سگا بود که به دلیل شخصیت مظلومی که داشت هیچوقت به عنوان یک سگ نگهبان پر سر و صدا مورد توجه قرار نگرفت و از اونجایی که اینجا سگ بزرگ را فقط برای ترسوندن دیگران نگهداری میکنند همیشه وکر میکردیم این دختر رو دستمون میمونه و آخرش میترشه چون خواستگار نداره .. ولی‌ از اونجا که بخت و بالین مختص انسانها نیست و شامل حیوونها هم می‌شه وقتی‌ عکسهای سقای وفا پخش شد اونور دنیای بزرگ، در آمریکا دختر ناز ما بهترین خواستگار را پیدا کرد و وقتی‌ خانم روان به من  گفت که اونو توی ۴۰۰ سگ شناسایی کنم باورم نشد که سیندرلای خوشگل ما داره میره خونه بخت.
کارهای سفرش با کمک تیم وفا خیلی‌ سریع انجام شد و بعد از ۲ هفته عازم آمریکا شد. الان هم پیش یک فرشته که زندگی‌ شوکو را زیر و رو کرد در شمال کالیفرنیا مثل شاهزاده خانوما زندگی‌ میکنه
چند هفته بعد از ورود شوکو به خونه همیشگیش، این چند خط را از خانواده ش دریافت کردیم
:
او سگ‌ با هوشی است و شمی بسیار قوی دارد! بسیار با استعداد و چالاک است و در جست و خیز کردن همتا ندارد. سگ‌ نگهبان خوبی‌ است و ( در بین سگ‌‌هایی‌ که مربی‌ نداشته و تربیت نشده‌اند ) بهترین رفتار را دارد. از روز اول تا به حال حتی یک مورد هم خرابکاری و بی‌ نزاکتی نداشته است! مهربان و اجتماعی است و با سایر سگ‌‌ها ، ضمن ایجاد یک محدوده سالم ، رفتاری دوستانه دارد.
من او را چاکلت وسپر استریت صدا می‌‌زنم ( وسپر اسم دوست دختر جیمز باند و استریت برای آن که این خصوصیتی است او همیشه در خودش خواهد داشت ترکیبی‌ از یک بانوی اصیل و یک زن هرزه
1
شوکو وقتی‌ به پناهگاه اومد یک توله خیلی‌ کوچک و مامانی بود و بعد هم تبدیل به یک سگ بزرگ و خیلی‌ زیبا شد دختر نازی که خیلی‌ مهربون بود و هیچوقت با سگ‌های دیگه سر شاخ نمی‌شد. بدلیل رنگ شیری شکلاتی که داشت اسمشو شوکو (شکلات) گذاشتیم.
ادامه مطلب...
 
مكس
واگذاری در تاریخ مرداد ۸۸ ‌به شیدا اردلان، تیم کلرک و پسرشون بیژن کلرک
آقا كرم تلفن زد و گفت يك نفر اومده چند تا توله رو انداخته تو يك چاله نزديك پناهگاه و با غلام رفتيم و آورديمشون بيرون. هر كدوم به اندازه يك مشت بسته اند و تازه راه افتادن و مثل اينكه همين امروز آخرين شير رو از مادرشون خوردن،
 چكارشون كنم؟ يكي از اون روزهاي سرد بهاري بود و بارون تندي مي باريد خود من هم وضعيت خوبي نداشتم و درد شديدي داشتم از طرفي يك توله شيرخواره هم تو خونه داشتم و با اين شرايط جسماني قادر نبودم از اونا هم نگهداري كنم اين بود كه گفتم يك جاي گرم براشون درست كنيد و غذاي نرم كافي براشون بذارين تا ببينيم چكار كنيم؟ يك لونه چوبي بيرون در بود، داخل اونو با پتوي گرم پوشاندند و شيرو ماست و غذاي خيلي نرم براشون گذاشتند.
max1

ادامه مطلب...
 


 

No comments: