Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Wolverine & The X-Men

My colleague Ahmed Rehab of the Chicago Chapter of CAIR inspired me to start my first "official" blog in the wake of the Fort Hood Shootings.

The combination of the events of the Fort Hood Shooting remind me of Marvel's "X-Men" Comics...we have William Stryker and his Purifiers (Right Wing, KKK, Pat Robertson, Pamela Gellar, etc.), Professor-X and the Mutants (CAIR, MPAC, ISNA, NAACP, ACLU, Muslims), and then you got Magneto and his Mutants (Extremists ie. Youssef Al-Khattab, Anwar Al-Awlaki, Al-Qaeda, etc.) and finally the regular American public. I am a bit of a renegade, so I guess I would be Wolverine in this equation.

The dynamics of what is happening is straight out of an X-Men Movie or Comic. Rather sad, but I see the parallels.... The issues brought up in the series deal with Civil Rights issues and make references to Martin Luther King, Malcolm X, Jewish Holocaust, and many more. Many of the situations that are dealt with in the series are the same issues that American Muslims have to deal with in real life.

In this clip, Wolverine says "Let's bring back the X-Men". Reminds me of "Let's bring back CAIR into the Federal Government's outreach program"... =)

No comments: